Tuesday, April 05, 2011
7 Social Media Marketing Action Tips For Local Real Estate Companies
A member from an online business social community ask, how a real estate company can engage with people using social media marketing without a product to offer? Here is my answer: You don't really need to have a product or service you can sell online, all you need is your knowledge, that converted into syndicated content is power. Social media success is all about
sharing useful relevant information, if people like what you are sharing they will engage with you, then you need to participate and be part of the conversation, remember being social is a two way avenue.
Now, as a real estate company you have a product or service, what you need to do is create content around those offers, things your audience will want to know or are searching for online.
Here are a few things you can offer:
1. On Twitter and on your Facebook page share industry news headlines, statistics, poll results, tips, etc..
2. If you have a company blog share your blog post on your profile's status, and if you don't have a blog, you better get one fast.
3. In your blog you can write company news, how you help your clients, list new properties, share useful videos you find on Youtube or that you created.
4. Show pictures of new properties, ask your clients for permission to take a pictures of them with their new property, and them post it on Facebook and tag the your client. Make sure you ask first. To share it on Twitter use Twitpic.com.
5. You can share video tours of your properties on Youtube, Facebook, and on Twitter using Twitvid.com. I explain more in detail in the video marketing guide how to take advantage of interactive media campaigns.
6. Remember not to share only your content but anything else useful and relevant you find online. Just make sure it provides value.
7. Like Melissa said, you can also write small reports or ebooks and share them on you profiles and on your site. Or even better, use it to have hot prospects sign up for your opt-in based email newsletter, where you can build a strong long lasting relationship with your leads and turn them into loyal clients. Another site you should be using is LinkedIn.
Just make sure you have an strategy before putting your social media marketing plan in action. Also, to make sure your efforts are generating positive results, you need to testing, tracking, and monitoring all your campaigns and different strategies.
Local Web Marketing Specialist.
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationship with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even it it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud.
By H. Jackson Brown Jr.