So, Why Avoid Twitter Follower Generator IWantFollowers.com? Simple because it will upset your current friends, and might get your account suspended or in jail like we tweeple like to call it!...
We all love free Internet marketing tools and services, that's why I created this blog to share with you the best resources and tips you can get to start or promote an online small business. But, in the world of the free, some marketers will try to make you paid for their giveaways in unethical ways... One of those services is IWantFollowers!
If you are in any of the groups below you need to hold your horses and please keep reading:
- Are looking to increase the number of Twitter follower or friends?
- Are you looking for some kind of free social media marketing service or tool to help you?
- Have you heard of the "I Want Followers" free service?
- Are you a current user?
- Are you thinking to apply in the near future?
I Completely recommend you to stay away from this service and any other services that uses the Twitter API to send "SPAM" tweets through your account. I understand if you have to send a RT (ReTweet) mentioning the service you just sign up for at the moment of creating a new member file. But, IWantFollowers think that isn't enough marketing exposure for their tool, so they send automatic tweets to every free member about 2 times per day, making tweeps (People using the social network) upsetting their followers and friends. Because the tweet looks like you send it!
So, they make you look like you are the spammer!
If you know me for quite sometime, you might know that I don't recommend anybody to use unethical or illegal marketing methods, is just wrong! And when it comes to social media the best approach is what I call a "Social Marketing Interaction." To know what I recommend my clients to avoid when it comes to social media campaigns, please read my post titled "20 Bad Twitter Marketing Strategies To Avoid" for more information about the wrong ways to use this social network.
Here is what a Twitter that hates this type of non-permission advertising @ON_DEMAND_TECH (Alicia L. Harris) have to said about those unwanted automatic messages:
Just in case you can read what the image said, here it is: "I just opted out of IWantFollowers.com to stop the obnoxious automatic tweets on my account. Sorry for the bother friends"
As you can see, people don't like this type of promotion... Looks like whoever is the main owner of the site don't know nothing about social media. They should pay Seth Goldin for a consultation or by his book where he explain the birth of "Permission Marketing". Don't you think?
There are other free services that don't use automated SPAM messages generators that you can use to help you find new friends or future business contacts that have same interests. Don't worry I put a list of useful sites to find new followers without the SPAM or any unethical promotion practices right at the end of this post.
Here is what @RATN_110 another user of this so call free web 2.0 application have to said:
Test Got My Account In Twitter Jail For A Week!
I'm always testing new strategies, tools, and services to see if it work as they said they do, so I can share my findings with my readers. But, this time I made an error... Well, the thing is that I have only one Twitter account, and I didn't open a new account to be use as case study. I know, big mistake...
So, I sign up with follower generator in question, everything look OK, they send a tweet promoting the service, and I thought that was OK, almost every other application does the same thing as a tweet or re-tweet. Then, the day after I saw 2 more tweets promoting the application without my consent, so I erase both messages, and just waited while I was doing my daily posting. Then the next morning I saw 2 more of those stupids ads, then my safety bell started ringing, but I decided to wait till next day... What a big mistake was that!
The next day I try to log-in into my account, and I was send to a page that said:
"Sorry, the account you were headed to has been suspended due to strange activity"
You can see a screen shot of the page, the page that it supose to be my profile page, now is just a embarrasing suspension notice, at least for the next 7 days :-( ...
Apparently, the site was doing some administration work and tech person made the application send a bunch of automatic tweets by using the free and VIP accounts, which soon was notice by the Twitter spam police and they quickly stop the problem by suspending over 1500 member profiles. The profiles will stay there for week, and my profile was also included in the mix.
Here is what their blog had to said:
"Account suspensions? Lost followers?
Yesterday, the technical support for the affiliate system our site uses was making some changes to optimize the program for the high traffic we’ve been seeing recently. One of the technicians was editing one of the automatic process sequences, and mistakenly reset the wrong process cycle.
Our system sends autotweets to our free users once or twice a day. This false reset affected the autotweet cycle, changing it to run eight times a day. Twitter detected the abundance of updates and automatically identified it as spam – the result? Twitter distributed 7 day suspensions to each account sending the tweets. Approximately 1500 to 2000 accounts were suspended for seven days.
Those of you who received suspensions should not worry, they are only temporary. We are trying to contact the Twitter dev team to appeal the mass suspensions and we will have them lifted as soon as possible. The suspended accounts would explain the loss of followers – those who lost a drastic amount of followers will see them return within the next seven days.
All affected VIPs will be given a complementary 3 day VIP pass in light of the event. Once again, we apologize on behalf of that silly technician, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Enjoy your week, Brandon"
Just and case here is a picture with the message on their blog:
How they think that simple apology will fix anything. I'm loosing around 70 new follower per day while in "Jail", plus that's not counting the amount of unfollow's I'm already getting right now! Lucky I'm not one of the VIP or paid members, because that will make thing worst... Well, I hope everything goes to normal soon.
I want to apologize for the unwanted automated promotions that they sent through my profile. I should it check the service a little more, I hope the friend that was using it, already opted out to avoid problems.
The Good List Of Tools.
Here are some great tools you can use to manage, and find follower. (Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any claim made by any of the following services, they made the list just because may top sites give a good recommendation.):
Follow and Unfollow
- Flashtweet - Bulk follow/unfollow tool.
- Twittangle - Untangling the mess of too many friends.
- Refollow - Refollow helps you discover, manage, and protect your social circle.
- TwitsLikeMe - Find new friends.
- Doesfollow - Find out who follows whom.
- Twitroduce – Connect.
- MyCleenr - The best way to clean your contact list.
- TweeterGetter - Get new followers.
- TwitterLamp - The SMART Way To Follow People.
- TweetSum - Follow and unfollow people via drag and drop.
- TwitterForBusyPeople - Friends at a glance.
- Twitter Karma – Find out who is following and unfollowing you.
- TweepMe - Get followers.
- Twitterless - Get updates when someone stops following you.
- Twiping - Contact management software.
- Qwitter - Qwitter e-mails you when someone stops following you.
- TwitterRatio - Follower/friend ratio.
- FriendOrFollow - Who are you following that’s not following you back? Who’s following you that you’re not following back?
- Twitseeker - Who you are looking for by what they are talking about.
- TweepDiff - Find out who you are missing.
- Twollo - Auto-follow.
- Twittermass - Management and optimization services.
- Twitnest - Visualization of your followers and theirs.
- Twitter100 - With Twitter100, you can see your followers at a glance (up to 100).
- Tweepler - To follow or not follow that is the question.
- Who follows whom - The quickest way to see who several users have in common.
- Buzzom - Social profile management.
- Hummingbird - The Pro Tool for Twitter Marketing at $200.
- Twubble - Twubble can help expand your Twitter bubble.
- WhoshouldIfollow - Find new friends.
- Tweepi - A geekier, faster way to manage your profile.
- TwitterSnooze - Hit the snooze button on your “verbose” friends.
- iFollowBack - Follow back people.
- Twitterator - Follow a bunch of people in one go.
- Twtrfrnd - Discover your common shared friends.
- Mutuality - Allows you to make bulk operations with your account.
- TweetPenguin - find new followers with similar interests.
- Less Friends – Do the people you follow, follow you?
- TweetEffect - When did you lose or gain followers?
- WhoTheTweet - Fins out what someone is tweeting about.
- Twollow - Auto follow people.
- Tweepular - Manage your followers.
- TwerpScan - Checks the number of followers on your contact list, the number of people they are following, and the ratio between those.
- MyTweeple - Manage your Friends and Followers.
- MyTwitterButler - Automatically follows users based on “keywords”.
- Twitoria - How many friends are you are following?
- ExecTweets - Find and follow top business execs.
- TwitHive - Monitor and Interact with the Twitter Hive Mind.
- Foller.me – Before you follow..
- FollowLists - Create and share lists of your friends.
- FriendMePlease - The easiest way to make new friends.
- UnTweeps - Unfollow tweeps who have not posted tweets recently.
- Sherflock - Find and track your flock.
- #followfriday statistics – Lists the most popular tweeps on #followfriday.
- TopFollowFriday - See who endorses you and who endorses whom.
- NewFollowFriday - Get to know your followers better.
- TweeHits - FollowFriday based hitlist.
Maps and Location
- Twittearth - Live twitts all over the world.
- Twittervision - See where users tweet in realtime.
- mmmeeja - Plot Your Followers On A Map.
- TwitArea - Sharing places.
- TweetMapper - Where your tweets are.
- geoTwitterous - Shows where someone is Twittering from.
- GeoChirp - Google maps mashup.
- Happn.in – Happn.in shows you what people are twittering about in your city.
- geoTwitter - Google Maps and Twitter mashup.
- Tweetmondo - Find users near you.
- TwitterLocal - Find tweets based on location.
- Nearby Tweets – Instantly find Twitterers nearby.
- TwitterMap - Shows tweets on the map.
- TwtMaps - Get a map that shows all your friends locations.
- Tmeet.me – Where do you want to meet?
- Atlas - See tweets from around the world.
- ChirpCity - Local stuff.
- LocalTweeps - Help localize the Twittersphere.
- Stweet - Integrate with Google Maps.
- Geo.ly – Share your maps with short URLs.
- Twuzzer - Find out what’s being twittered in your neck of the woods.
- Twaller - Discover what travelers are tweeting about.
- Tweeple of India - Tweeple of India.
- MyTweetMap - Shows where someone is Twittering from.
- SadakMap - Messages on a map.
- Boarding - Find stranded passengers.
Popularity and Rank
- Toptweet – The world’s top personalities, all in one place.
- Twitrankme - Profile rank.
- DailyRT - The most popular tweets on the web.
- Twitturls - Popular links.
- TwitterScore - How does your profile score.
- Twispot - Hottest tweets in one spot.
- Chirpio - A place to rate & follow users.
- Twinfluence - Influence Analyzer.
- Tweeting too Hard – Where self-important tweets get the recognition they deserve.
- Twtpets - Who has the cutest pet.
- Tweeple Rank – Ranking the top recommended people.
- Twielsen - TV ratings based on social media chatter.
- HereBeforeYou - Were you here before your friends.
- TrazzlerBuzz - Tracking popular places.
- Twittypop - Who is the hottest boy or girl?
- Twitemperature - How hot are you.
- Tweeght - Popular thoughts and quotes shared.
- Tweeterate - Rate the tweets you get from your friends.
- Twitrank - Is a list of the top 150 users.
- Twitalyzer - Tracking influence and measuring success.
- Twitterholic - Find out who the top users are.
- Popular Tweets – A compilation of the top 10 tweets.
- TwitterLinkr - Popular links people are tweeting.
- Twittergrader - Measure the power and authority of your profile.
- Top Twitter Friends – Who do you talk to most often.
- Tweettop - Who to follow.
- Tweetrank - Ranking.
- Twigheaded - Find out how big headed someone is.
- MrTweet - Your personal networking assistant.
- TweetoftheYear - Tweet of the Year.
- Retweetist - Discovering trends, popular topics and popular people by tracking Retweets across the network.
- Retweetit - Retweet Exchange.
- ReTwitd - Retweets.
- TweetMyLink - Tweeted links.
- Retweetrank - Find any user re-tweetrank.
- Plzrt - Please retweet me.
- Please Retweet Me – Please retweet me.
- Retweetradar - Finding trends in the mountains of information ‘retweet’ed.
- ReTweetability Index – The ReTweetability Index measures and ranks users based on the infectious power of their tweets.
- Tweetizen - Filter tweets and create groups.
- Twitly - You can seperate the people you follow into groups.
- ConnectTweet - ConnectTweet allows the contributors to your central stream.
- GroupTweet - Group message broadcasting.
- TwitBot - Allows multiple people to publish to a single account.
- Crowdstatus - Create your own crowds.
- TweetKnot - Tying people togetherTying people together.
- Social - For events and groups.
- Twitter Groups – Groups.
- Twibes - Groups.
- ThinkClimbing - Find and connect with Climbers.
- Tweetworks - With groups and discussions, TweetWorks helps you get the most out of this social network.
- Tweetparty - Group messaging.
This is is just a short part of "The Ultimate List Of Twitter Tools" post, so visit the post to get a complete list of aapplications put together by The Social Media Guide Blog.
To your success,
Luis Galarza, Internet Marketing Consultant In Massachusetts.
Share this article with this button...