business online or offline without a direction or a goal to meet, how will you develop an Internet marketing plan? How will you prepare an advertising campaign?
That will be like driving a car on the road without knowing where you are going... It may sound fun for a road trip with your friends but not if you want to build a serious Internet venture!
I know this is one of the top mistakes made by Internet marketing beginners, and sometimes even veterans in the field make this big mistakes. They start a small home business, they heard someone saying that is money to be make in a niche (any niche) and they buy a domain name, web hosting, sign up with a few affiliate programs or MLM (network marketing) systems or just a regular business opportunity... Then they go all crazy putting banners and ads everywhere they can, and sometimes they will put them where they don't supposed to, which will create problems in the future, like loosing their audience trust, credibility, and eventually their revenue.
They don't know if any of those ad campaigns will work. They don't know what they want to achieve with each campaign... They just wish it will generate an income or at least an extra income.
This way you will make it very difficult to gain any success, because you just shooting darts without a target board. To develop strategic marketing campaigns that have better response rates or web conversion rates you need to be focus on a set of good goals, short and long term goals.
There are many ways or methods to set goals the for a company, today I want to share a few tips on how to do it strategically. One thing you should know is that when you set your main target, then you need to know that you need to set short term goals for the main one. The way this work is by you creating small steps that will take you to the top of the stairs.
Here are the tips:
Your Mission: Your first goal should be to create a profitable online venture that match you main focus.
So, How will you do this?
- One of the easiest way to ensure success is by having a good marketing plan. A good plan is the one that is focus on achieving your company visions by using the best strategies that you can find.
1. The Methods!
To make your companies plan of attack be successful you need the elements that will take help you succeed. Some of the best ways are:
You need to use the right mix of strategies.
- You need to decide which strategies are the most effective for the type of company you own.
- Which of those methods are going to be use the most, or which ones are the most important ones depending on ROI.
- As you know each business is different, and some methods will not work as well in some markets, so patients is a virtue in the process of finding the right mix of methods that will work the best for your specific business. So, don't be afraid of errors, because that's part of marketing, keep testing until you find what works.
2. Solid Methods!
What are solid methods? Are the ones that are excellent for the type of business or niche you are into.
The best strategies you can use for your online company are the ones you enjoy doing. Why is this?
- This way you ensure that each project is finish on time because you like to do it!
- Because if you like what you doing you won't have any problem on keep doing it!
- Just to give you an example: If you hate receiving unwanted email promotions or spam, you may not want to use email marketing strategies in your mix.
- But, you need to know that spam is the illegal and unethical way to use email campaigns. Ethical email marketing is permission or opt-in base marketing which has a high sales conversion rate and is excellent to build long lasting relationships with your customers and prospects. For more information about this method read "8 List Building Elements", "20 Giveaways For List Building: This Is Email Marketing On Autopilot", and "Email Marketing Mistakes You Need To Avoid".
3. Think Out Of The Net!
I said this to remind you about traditional or offline marketing methods, not because your business is run 100% online you can't get the exposure benefits from offline advertising and promotions.
So, another good way to apply strategic tactics is by mixing offline and online campaigns.
There are many great offline methods that can be use to market an website or blog effectively, here some of those low cost tactics:
- One that can be apply right away are tear-off fliers that you can post on main town spots like stores and non-profit organizations. Just make sure to add good copy, your website or blog URL, and a good reason for people to visit the site.
- Another way is by buying newspaper ads or radio ads just make sure your sales copy is design to create hot leads.
- Another way is by distributing your business card to as many people as you can and add a sense of urgency or curiosity to make people visit your website. Think viral marketing!
To keep an strategic advantage over your competition you need to keep testing and finding new methods to add to your mix and to your plan.
- The Shoemoney System.
To your success,
Luis Galarza, Internet Marketing Consultant In Massachusetts.
Share this article with this button...