As an Internet marketing beginners one of the first thing that you hear from the gurus and experts are that if you want to make money online you need to have you own opt-in email list. Now, this is true to some degree, you don't really need to have your own list to build a profitable Internet business, but using list building as part of your online marketing strategies you can increase your revenue, and you will be able to build a long lasting business by creating long term professional relationship with your customers and prospects.
As you know with all the social media and web 2.0 frenzy around, marketers are expected not just to focus on promotions anymore, but to create social relationships with their audience. And there is where list building can help you better than any Facebook or Twitter profile. Don't get me wrong, you can use social media to help you establish rapport, and start a strong business relationship with hot prospects, but having your own email list can take that relationship to a higher level of trust and of course profitability.
So, it doesn't matter what type of product or service you are promoting, email marketing needs to be one of your main strategies to create a business for years to come... It doesn't matter if you are:
- A marketing newbie.
- A niche blogger.
- A ebook publisher or information marketer.
- An affiliate marketer.
- A network marketing or MLM sales rep..
- A content site owner.
It just doesn't matter... List building is design to help you:
1. Build your own contact list of hot prospects.
2. Increase sales with follow up promotions.
3. And build a long lasting relationship with customers and leads.
What List Building Elements Do You Need?
If you already doing business on the Internet for a while you may already know some or all of the elements below, if that is, you should be reading "12 Lead Capture Squeeze Pages Elements Of Success", so you can increase your web conversions and get more subscribers. If you are a beginner, you need to play close attention to each of the items below:
1. An email address exclusive for business and as contact address for your subscribers. You can use the one provided by your hosting company, if not a Google Gmail account will be OK, as soon you don't have any type of important information saved to avoid security problems...
2. You need to get web hosting. This is where your website (squeeze pages) files will be located. Some good hosting companies are: Cogni360 Hosting, Web.com, PowerWeb, and a good free one at Blinkweb.
3. You need a web base or in-house autoresponder management software. This application let you automate your email delivering process. The only thing you have to do is load the information, add a schedule calendar (daily, once per week, every 2 weeks, or monthly). Some good web base applications are Getresponse and Awaber. If you have a limited budget and looking to start with a free service you can use MailChimp (recommended) or FreeAutoBot.
Tip: Don't use Getresponse free service because only let you send 5 follow ups and done, then for you to be able to continue you need to upgrade to the paid service.
Also if you want full control an in-house software or script will better sweet your needs, but you are completely responsible for any spam complains, which and most cases are fake or mistakes, but can still get you in some trouble... The best software I know is Mailloop (Business Automation Software). Whatever you decide to use is imperative to add this element to your marketing toolbox, without it you can't build a permission base email list.
4. Now you need to design a squeeze page (a landing page focus on lead generation through a opt-in email form) don't worry about how it will perform you just need to use some split testing scripts and tactics to track results and improve it while continuing generating prospect's inquiries.
5. You need content... A lot of content to have it pre-load in your autoresponder to be send automatically, this is what in Internet marketing is call an ezine or email newsletter. You don't to load content for a whole year but for at least your first 5 to 10 follow ups.
6. You need to have a web form to get opt-ins constantly. So add your form on your lead capture page of course, your main site, your sales letters, your blog, social profile, etc.. The more exposure to your audience the more prospects you will get.
7. Other that just saying to sign up to your email newsletter for more tips or information, you can boost your opt-in's rate by offering a giveaway like a free report or ebook, a video course, an audio, a free email course, etc.. Or use a promotion that use sense of urgency marketing.
8. You need a "Thank You" page where subscribers are going to be send after they opt-in or after they confirm their subscription to your list. I recommend you to have them confirm the subscription first before sending them to your "Download" or "Thank You" page, this way you avoid spam accusations or mistakes.
For more Information also read:
- Lead Capture Pages For Beginners - Also Called Squeeze Pages.
- 8 Squeeze Pages Success Elements.
- List Building + Affiliate Marketing = Money Making Business.
Here are two videos I found with useful information to help you learn even more about list building:
A video about segmentation. Easy to understand.
How simple is build a email list.
I hope you found those video informative....
- List Profit System.
- Subject Line Secrets.
To your success,
Share this article with this button..