What do you think is the most crucial factor in a PPC (pay-per-click) campaign? This is the exact question made to a large list of search engine marketing followers, and the results where just like I predicted. Well, not all the results but I least I knew exactly which PPC element would be on the number one spot.
There are many different elements when it comes to setting up a successful pey-per-click advertising campaign. But, almost every search marketing expert will agree with me when I said that
'Keywords' or choosing the right keywords for you campaign is the number one factor that can turn your marketing campaign into a success or a failure.
To choose the right keywords I recommend you to use a good keywords research tool. And, I'm not referring to those tools you can find for free online, those are great to find on demand topics for your site or blog content, but when it comes to PPC keywords research the approach is a little bit different. The two tools I use to make use a search term converts into sales very well are:
- Affiliate Elite: This tools let you spy on your affiliate competition and tells you which keywords are the ones making them profits.
- PPCWebSpy: This one is a great tool that also let you spy on your competitors pay-per-click, not just affiliates.
The Market Research Result.
Below is the results from the survey and poll where hundred of top online advertising expert. Here they answer, what they think is the most important element to create successful pay-per-click advertising?
- 14% said its the offer.
- 9% said its the ad copy.
- 11% said its the design of the landing page.
- 11% said its the copy on the landing page.
- 6% said its the keyword and bid management.
- Everyone agree that the tools or technical part isn't as important.
- 34% said are the Keywords.
- 3% said is the account and structure of your campaign.
It doesn't matter where you are planning to advertise (Google Adwords, Yahoo, Bing Ad Center, etc.), the important action here is for you to carefully pick your keywords, test and track your result so you can tune your campaign accordingly. Here is a complete marketing training course you should check to learn the ins and outs of how to set up a successful PPC campaign and everything related to selling online.
Internet Marketing Specialist.