|Boost Blog Speed For Better Ranking|
I don't know if you notice but for the past few days, I've been focusing my search engine optimization efforts for my blog to make it load faster. When you have a quick loading blog is a great blog that has been optimized for both, your readers and for the search engines, specially Google.
One thing you should know is that the loading speed of your blog can affect its SERP (search engine ranking) because Google puts a higher ranking weight on sites that load faster.
And as we all know, we all love a like faster loading website, we don't like to feel like if Dial-Up Internet is taking over your connection, don't you? Today's society live in a way where everything is expected pretty much on the moment.
You might think this is not as bad as I try to make it seen. Just remember that if your readers can't load your bog instantly, they'll go to your competition.
Here's are some simple ways to speed up your blog
(if you have a Wordpress blog follow these 7 tips):
1. Make sure to use small image files with a max of 30K per file.
2. If you need to show a big image post a small image, and tell your visitors that they need to click on image to enlarge it.
3. If you are posting videos on your blog posts make sure to put it at the end or closed to the end that way your visitors don't have to wait for the video to load. Plus, as I explain before on my article "Online Videos Are Killing Your Blog SEO Efforts" you shouldn't be post videos without a text explanation or introduction.
4. Keep your Twitter updates below the fold or close to the bottom of your site, because a lot of times Twitter goes down and this can lower the speed of your site as well. Some bloggers actually recommend to take Twitter completely of your site.
5. Just like you do with Twitter updates you need to do with Facebook Page fans widget and the Google Friends widget, just keep them at the bottom that way by the time your visitors scroll down to see the rest of the site those elements are already loaded.
6. Keep any Java Script on the bottom of your HTML code, before the tag.
7. Lower the amount of blog post on your home page to at least 7. Or you can use article "jump break" tags so your homepage only shows part of the post and visitors need to click on the title or the "read more..." link to see the whole article, this way you can still show many articles on your homepage and keep loading speed at maximum.
If you have more tips on how to speed up your site please share it with us in the comment box below. I hope this can help you gain more Google love for your site. Remember, that any white hat tactic that can boost your SEO efforts are worst trying.
Internet Marketing Specialist.
Ask me any marketing question on Facebook!