With all the buzz about many new things in the Internet marketing and social media industry, I completely forgot to write something about the big news in the social-sphere, the Facebook IPO. The company decide to go public and many people was going crazy about it, specially investors because this move represents for many a new opportunity to profit from the stock market after all this recession black whole...
Hey, even me and my partners are jumping in this new chance to generate a real good income after LinkedIn. Why not get part of the Facebook pie without any marketing involvement, don't you think?
The Share Holders.The company was value at $50 billion, even so the firm only makes about $2 billion in annual advertising revenue, that's why many think that the company is just an over price photo sharing and gaming site. The infographic below shows who really owns the company after the IPO approval:
|Click on the graphs to enlarge!|
Just in case the graphic didn't load in your browser here is a little summary of the main owners only:
- Facebook staff - 30% or $15 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg ( Co-founder and CEO of Facebook) - 24% or $12 billion.
- Dustin Moskvitz (Second Co-founder of Facebook) - 6% or $3 billion.
- Sean Parker (The Napster Dude or Justin Timberlake) - 4% or $2 billion.
- Eduardo Saverin (Co-founder of Facebook) - 5% or $2.5 billion.
- Digital Sky Technologies (Russian investment firm) - 10% or $5 billion.
- Goldman Sachs - 08% or $400 million.
Here are more resources about the company's IPO from the new and the blogosphere:
- Facebook Deal Spurs Inquiry.
- Facebook Files S-1 For $50 Billion IPO.
- Social Network's Financial Details Race Red Flags For Some.
What you think about this movement? Is the price right or is an attend to bring Wall Street up?
Online Marketing Specialist.