|Free Online Advertising|
When people talks about where and how to advertise for free on web, most beginners think about online classifieds, safe list services, and ads only news groups (forums). This mediums will not give much result, if you really want to spend your time doing some free Internet marketing you need to focus on proven strategies and resources that really work.
Before using any of the places below you need to make sure to have a good marketing plan for each campaign and a tracking system to help you understand which marketing efforts or campaign are giving you the best results, also this would give you insights on how to tweak your ads to improve responses. If you don't have a business yet, here is a free training package to get you started.
OK, here are some of the best places where you can set up an advertising campaign for free and get some good fast results:
1. Submit unique useful articles EzineArticles.com. This is the number one article directory on the web. So, if you are going to do article marketing, this is where you need to start.
2. Submit unique articles to GoArticles.com. For many this is the second best directory. Personally I think is great but is not number 2.
3. Submit unique articles to Buzzle.com. This is another awesome directory that gets a lot of traffic, and can some to your site.
Tip: Write tips lists like "Top Ten Tips To", this type of articles get a lot of traffic and online publisher love to use them in their newsletters. Also, don't use submission software or apps. The strategy works better if each article is unique, Google and almost every other top search engine don't rank duplicated content.
4. Create educational pages or lenses at Squidoo.com. The lenses are already optimize for search engines so is great way to be on the top ten results for keywords that your site or blog might not be ranking well. Plus, it give your site a lot of ranking juice.
5. Create more educational pages at Hubpages.com. Some people think that a hub is easier to get high rank on Google, even better than Squidoo. But, why limit yourself to a single marketing source. Remember never put all your eggs in one bag!
7. And even more at Google Knol. This is a content publishing site that done give you search ranking juice but can be rank easy on Google (what a surprise, I know...) giving you another spot on search results for relevant keywords.
Tip: A simple technique to make this pages informative and unique is by writing a long list of tips relevant to your market and product (at least 100 small tips). Then make an educational page on each of this sites with every 10 tips from your big list. But, this time you need to provide a little more detail information on each of this tips. So, use the small version of each tip to create article for the directories, and re-purpose those articles with longer detail information to create this pages.
8. Create an account on USFreeAds.com. This classified site have a lot of love from Mr. Google, so is for sure a must use Internet resource.
9. Another great no cost classified site is Oodle (http://www.oodle.com ). This site have the power of displaying your ad through a bast network of very popular sites like: Facebook, MySpace, Walmart, Adpost.com, and many more... To advertise information or digital products, look for the sub-category "Announcements" under "Business".
Tip: Treat this classified ads as article directories and post ads with unique content. Just make sure to track results so you can spot your winner ads.
10. Create a Facebook Fan page with the name of your company or product. Then invite people from your personal profile to like it, also post everywhere.
11. Create a second Facebook Fan page using the main targeted keywords (keyword research tool). This way you will get an extra presence on the web and search results. Plus, you can add your site or blog links to pages profile.
12. Find relevant online news groups or forums and contribute to the community with helpful information, great questions, etc.. Make sure to read the group policies and see if they let you add a signature file at the end of your posts. Join those that let you add a signature file first.
13. Look for online groups that have a marketplace where you can advertise your products and services like in DigitalPoint.
14. Create a Twitter profile, use your name or company name as username, but use your keywords on your display name to boost search engine traffic. Don't forget to add your site link on the profile information.
15. Open a new account on Yammer, a social microblogging service like Twitter but for business owners. Use the group feature to build your network and find leads.
16. Get a free listing on Kudzu online local directory. They can help you get lot of traffic from a local and targeted audience.
17. Claim your local listing on Google Places formally known as Google Local. It doesn't cost you anything and usually businesses added to Places, get the top search results without much optimization.
18. Manual traffic exchange program are good if the service have a lot of members, that's why I recommend Traffic Swarm. It works excellent, just remember to collect leads (list building), don't try to sell anything at first, you will sell later.
19. Viral list building services, can work find depending on the amount of member just like traffic exchange. Before signing up for one of those services get a free email account at Yahoo, AOL, etc., to get their offers. And use same approach, don't sell, build your list from it, meaning get leads.
20. Create and submit educational videos to online video sharing sites like YouTube or Veoh. read my post "Video Marketing Starts With Good Spreadable Content" for some good tips.
If you don't have much time to do all this, I recommend you to invest in ATM which is a traffic automation software that works excellent and is very easy to use.
I hope this zero cost advertising tips can help you increase your web site or blog traffic.
To your success,
Luis E Galarza,
Internet Marketing Specialist.
Tweet with me today!