|Fire Dancing Girls Image by Dailymail.co.uk|
If you want to know how to market your website, business, brand, and products on 2012 you need to follow the current hot marketing trends that are turning into a regular part of doing business online or offline. More than just marketing predictions I gonna based the trends on factual statistics, market research, and case studies made by top research firms.
Trendy Marketing Mediums.
Here is what the research shows after thousands of small and mid-size business owners answer survey that required them to select what type of online or offline advertising avenue they are going to increase focus on 2012, here are the results:
- 81% said email marketing.
- 68% said search engine optimization.
- 64% answered event based marketing (like: speaking, trade shows, networking events, etc.).
- 57% said they will increase their press releases publishing.
- 40% are going to use more online ads like Google Adwords.
- 39% said they are going to go back to direct mail.
- 37% decided to increase their print display ads budget.
- 29% said they going to do more sponsorship deals.
- 28% are going with a hot topic, webinars and teleseminars.
- 15% answered that their focus will be radio ads.
- 10% will focus on television ads.
- This one is not in the video below but has a 75% of votes, this one is mobile marketing.
As you can see some companies are still big in using traditional advertising like direct mail, print display ads, television, and radio, many because they still get many great responses from it which works well with their ROI. But, you can also see that many businesses noticed the conversion power of mediums like SEO, email marketing, mobile promotions, online ads, and webinars, which I think are going to get even bigger next year.
Now, I didn't mention many other top trend topics like social media in this post because in this first series of predictions I mention only those mediums that are consider by almost every type of business, Internet based and offline.
Also, another very popular web marketing strategy is video, you will learn more about it in the replay webinar presentation below.
Here is the video:
I hope you enjoy the presentation by Karen Jones.
Now you need to see which of these strategies are better for your business, it all depends on your goals, if you want to generate lots of low cost targeted visitors to your site then SEO and PR should be in your list. Just make sure you don't get distracted from something that is already working for you to try something new just because is trendy, learn how each method works and how to implemented right so you can make an educated decision.
To a successful 2012,
Online Marketing Specialist.