I know you heard about the number one news on the web right now, the resignation of Steve Jobs as the CEO of Apple which he explain in a letter send to the board of directors on August 24, 2011. After years of fighting against cancer, he decide to resign as CEO of the number one technology company in the world. It's a sad day for his fans and anyone connected to him, but Apple is more than Steve Jobs and will continue to reinvent the technology for years to come.
This indeed the end of an era in technology and in business, but like Steve Jobs said once before, is also the beginning of a new exiting era for innovation.
Today I want to share with you some of his best quotes and video moments that are inspirational, full of motivation, and plain great! He way of thinking gave us awesome innovations like iPod, the iPad, the iPhone, Pixar, and iTunes, just to name a few. He remarkable life has been a inspiration for many people, not just entrepreneurs, but anyone with a dream. That's why I think his message should be share with many more, so please feel free to share them on Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook, or any other social media site you use... Below are some of his top quotes!
1. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things. And the reason they were able to do that was that they’ve had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people."
2. "Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.”
3. "Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It's not about money. It's about the people you have, how you're led, and how much you get it.”
4. "No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It's life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.”
5. "You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.”
6. "Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
7. “I thought deeply about this. I ended up concluding that the worst thing that could possibly happen as we get big and as we get a little more influence in the world is if we change our core values and start letting it slide, I can’t do that. I’d rather quit.”
8. "I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that was the case, Microsoft would have great products.”
9. "Pixar is the most technically advanced creative company; Apple is the most creatively advanced technical company!”
10. “...it comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don't get on the wrong track or try to do too much. We're always thinking about new markets we could enter, but it's only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.”
11. "iMac is next year's computer for $1,299, not last year's computer for $999”
12. "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me ... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me.”
13. "If you want great people, you need to be run by ideas, not by hierarchy, otherwise good people won't stay.”
14. "I'm as proud of what we don't do as I am of what we do."
15. "It's rare that you see an artist in his 30s or 40s able to really contribute something amazing."
16. "Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride all fear of embarrassment or failure. These tings just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."
17. "No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It's life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."
18. "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life."
19. "You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well worn path."
20. "I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance."
This is have to be one of Steve Jobs best and most inspiring speeches, this speech was giving to the students at the Stanford University Commencement in 2005, here it is:
I hope you enjoyed the his speech which is full awesome advice like:
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. Stay hungry. Stay foolish."
Here is another great video where he explains the rules of success:
Wish you all the best Mr. Steve Jobs, I know we will still here from you on many innovations to come and thank you for all your amazing work and for helping us stay creative and follow are dream, our way...
To your success,
Local Marketing Specialist.