Have you seen the new Google logo? You know, the one that is a playable Pacman online video game. Many are calling it the best company logo ever made. I call it one of the best viral marketing campaigns in the history of the Internet!
If you don't know already, is a tradition for the Google guys to change their logo and represent a historic event or a holiday. This is has been a great marketing campaign that it became a web tradition, which give more branding power to the campaign. Now they even have a logo design contest called "Doodle" where they have kids from a national school to draw a Google illustration that represents a holiday or a cause.
But the 30th anniversary of Pacman is the first time where they took the illustration to the next level, and actually turned it into a playable online video game. Which turn into a massive buzz for the company and their brand.
Here some of the benefits they got from this genius marketing idea:
1. A lot of free PR coverage.
2. A lot of buzz from the blogosphere (the world of bloggers).
3. They increase traffic to their search page.
4. They increase searches queries.
5. Like the Burger kings game, they got their audience to engage with their brand for longer periods of time.
6. They created a link baiting super campaign.
7. They build loyalty by creating a valuable interactive experience for their visitors.
8. They turn their logo into a viral marketing campaign on steroids.
Well done! Mission accomplished!...
Here is a video that explain how the Pacman Google logo game worked:
Now is time for you to put your creativity to work and put into action what you learn from this great idea!...
- E-Business Star-up Handbook.
- Step-By-Step Guide To Selling Online.
To your success,
Luis Galarza, Internet Marketing Consultant In Massachusetts.
Proud member of the Internet Entrepreneurs Club.
Sharing is caring...